TODD JEROME JENKINS, CHST, CRIS
Safety Professional with over 20 years of work experience. Managed Environmental Safety and Health (EHS) system for billion dollar organization. Direct oversite of 350 million+ business unit across multiple states. Multiple direct reports throughout career. Implemented and managed Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIP) earning profits on $90 million of total enrolled projects. Reduced workers compensation rates by .25% in union and nonunion markets. Over a six (6) year period received zero (0) citations from regulatory inspections from multiple state and federal agencies (EPA, DEQ, MDE, OSHA, MSHA, MIOSHA, MOSH, VOSH, and NC OSH). Trained over 500 craft and management personnel in OSHA 10 and 30-hour construction courses, Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Confined Space Entry.
Occupational Safety and Health Management
Safety Health and Environmental Systems Manager, Sunbelt Rentals 2019-current (and loving every minute of it!)
Notable Territory: United States, Canada
- Implemented communication and team site with out of the box SharePoint solution.
- Worked with team members and interdepartmentally to implement a pre-qualification and third-party management system.
- Developed Safety Management System by leveraging learning teams and development team to integrate best practices, operation standard procedures and compliance requirements.
Regional Safety Health and Environmental Manager Sunbelt Rentals 2016-2019
Notable Territory: Deleware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersy and Virginia
- Led Safety Health and Environmental program, OSHA, DOT and MSHA, initiatives for 34 locations.
- Developed and implemented Safety Coordinator training and manager support, focused on risk reduction strategies
- Coach Managers on integrating safety into their business plan, focusing on site utilization optimization and scheduling for safety
Mid-Atlantic Regional Safety Manager Donley’s LLC 2013 – 2016
Notable clients AstraZeneca MedImmune, University of Richmond, University of Virginia, University of Maryland /Shady Grove Campus, University of Mary Washington, James Madison University, William and Mary University
- Led effort to introduce ANSI/AIHA Z10-2012 OSH Management Systems into existing safety program, effectively facilitating the shift from safety program to safety management system
- Managed pre-qualification process for subcontractors and clients, including third party evaluators, ISNetworld and Avetta formerly PICS – Contractor Management
- Collaborated with peers to incorporate leading indicators based on Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practices into safety management system
- Led implementation of app-based audit program, Predictive Solutions Safety Net, as part of leading indicator and Behavior Based Safety (BBS) initiative
- Led team in developing Strategic Safety Plan based on review of leading and lagging indicators, identifying and implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for safety
- Developed and maintained illegal substance abuse prevention program for non-union workforce in Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Region
- Occupational clinic selection to manage work related injuries, pre-employment/ post-accident illegal substance abuse testing, respirator fit test and fit for duty testing.
- Claims management on projects enrolled in Contractor Controlled Insurance Program (CCIP) equating to zero (0) loss time incidents and an above national average CCIP fund retention rate
- Incorporated subcontractors’ field and line supervisors in monthly and annual training sessions on various topics
Safety Director Marous Brothers Construction 2010-2013
Notable Clients: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OHIO Cat, Private Developers
- Implemented comprehensive training program, including training record tracking system
- Reduced incident rate by .25, from 1.05 to .8 in three (3) years
- Zero (0) citations issued by OSHA during multiple inspections in multiple states
- Qualified through ISNetworld for client in Petro Chemical industry.
- Developed Hazard Analysis Safety Plan (HASP) for projects at NASA John H. Glenn Research Center
- Contributed to Construction Manager client qualification for OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) site at A.J. Celebrezze Federal Building in Cleveland, Ohio
Project Superintendent Marous Brothers Construction 2007- 2010
Notable Projects: Crossroads Veterinarian Hospital, PNC 35th floor Executive Area, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
- Maintained positive client relationship for client retention and further negotiated work
- Collaborated with Project Manager to identify project milestones and constraints
- Developed eight-week look ahead schedule based on master schedule, implementing Critical Path Method Scheduling
- Updated Schedule with Microsoft Project
- Documented logs with Viewpoint
- Led and coordinated meetings with subcontractors
- Coordinated with in-house self-perform trades and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) contractors
- Scheduled third party and local municipality inspections of work
- Maintained as-built drawings
- Coordinated vendor product training for owner
- Closed projects with minimal punch-list and warranty related work
(got the blue shirt)
Interior System Carpenter
United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Jointers (UBC) Journeyman Carpenter
Marous Brothers Construction 2005-2007
Notable Projects Cleveland Clinic: Cleveland Clinic Heart Center
UBC Apprentice Carpenter
Acme Arsena Interior Systems Division Defunct 2003-2005
Notable Projects University Hospital: Cancer Center
G.Q. Contracting 1993-1996 Defunct
Notable Projects Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Clinic
- Primarily worked as an interior system carpenter with a strong background in the healthcare market.
- Familiar with ICRA (Infection Control Risk Assessment) best practices.
- Job layout from blue prints.
- Completed cold formed steel framing of interior and exterior structural and roof, walls and soffits.
- Installed shaft walls, drywall and acoustical ceilings, fiberglass (GRG) columns and wall molding.
- Installed raised floors, wall partitions and doors and hardware.
- Built stairs, laid vinyl composition tile flooring, install base moldings and wall paneling.
- Safely applied interior systems carpentry skill set.
U.S. Army: (Honorably Discharged)
Reserve - 1999 -2004
UNIT 15th Bn. (POB) 321st Tactical Psychological Operations Unit (TPU) - Cleveland, Ohio
I can neither deny nor confirm what I did as a member of a PsyOps tactical team.
Active – 1996-1999
UNIT 2nd Inf. Div Camp Casey, Korea, 101st Airborne Inf. Div. Fort Campbell, KY
Afforded opportunities to meet and work with people from many diverse cultures to accomplish common goals. Operated in high stress fast paced situations. Mitigated the challenges associated with unexpected events. Performed Infantryman (MOS 11B10) occupational duties.
Related Volunteer Experience
King William County Wetlands Board BOARD MEMBER, ALTERNATE King William County, Virginia 2015-2018
- Review project permit request that impact local Wetlands
- Review complaints for compliance and recommend punitive action to county Board of Supervisors
- Attend meetings to form quorum as required in board members absences
Education and Certifications:
- Master of Arts in Applied Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Liberty University (currently enrolled - scheduled completion 2021)
- Bachelorette of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, Columbia Southern University
- Associates of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, Columbia Southern University
- Construction Risk Insurance Specialist (CRIS), IRMI
- Construction Health and Safety Technician, Board of Certified Safety Professionals, ID# CHST-C3915
- DOL OSHA 500 Outreach trainer for Construction Industry; trainer ID# RMEC-004650
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters of America Journeyman Carpenter Certificate