Timeline for Dr. Deming:
- 1900 - W. Edwards Deming is born in Sioux City, Iowa on October 14.
- 1917 - 1921 - W. Edwards Deming attends college at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, supporting himself by doing all kinds of work; earns B.S. degree in engineering.
- 1921 - 1922 - Teaches in the School of Engineering, University of Wyoming, while studying mathematics at the same time.
- 1922 - 1924 - Assistant professor of physics at the Colorado School of Mines.
- 1925 - Earns master\'s degree in physics and mathematics from University of Colorado.
- 1928 - Deming is formally awarded a PhD from Yale University in June. His Ph.D. dissertation is on the packing of nucleons in the helium atom: "A Possible Explanation of the Packing Effect of Helium. "
Learn more about Dr. Deming\'s work and consider donating to The W. Edwards Deming Institute®.